Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula FD client compatibility

2008-12-04 10:39:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula FD client compatibility
From: Chad Walstrom <chewie AT wookimus DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 09:27:48 -0600
Ramūnas Vabolis <ramunas.vabolis AT proservis DOT lt> wrote:
> Is any chart somewhere like this:
> 1.3.x series compatible with:
> 2.0.x - working
> 2.2.x - not compatible
> 2.4.x - not compatible
>
> 2.0.x series:
> 1.3.x - working
> 2.2.x - working
> 2.4.x - not compatible

+1!!!  Great suggestion.  I know the manual states that minor number
differences do not guarantee compatibility between server and clients,
but that seems a bit convenient.  How many protocol or media format
changes are there for minor version updates?  I wouldn't expect a 2.x
client to be able to talk with a 1.x server, but could a 2.4 client talk
to a 2.2 server?

Chad