Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] message.c:465 Mail program terminated in error and "The table 'File' is full"

2008-12-03 18:50:31
Subject: [Bacula-users] message.c:465 Mail program terminated in error and "The table 'File' is full"
From: "Barry L. Bond" <bbond AT cfl.rr DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 18:47:27 -0500
Greetings!

     Yesterday morning (Tuesday), a full backup which my bacula-dir tried
to run ended with an error.

     Here is the first email, in full:

<<>>
02-Dec 21:46 barrycon-dir: barryconWesternDigital.2008-12-02_01.05.01
Error:
+message.c:465 Mail program terminated in error.
CMD=/bin/mail -s "Bacula: Backup Fatal Error of barrycon-fd Full" barry
ERR=Child died from signal 15: Termination
<<>>

     And, the catalog email reported a Fatal error.  Here is a portion:

<<>>
02-Dec 23:39 barrycon-dir: WesternDigitalBackupCatalog.2008-12-02_03.10.01
Fatal+error: sql_create.c:732 sql_create.c:732 insert INSERT INTO File
+(FileIndex,JobId,PathId,FilenameId,LStat,MD5) VALUES (1,692,516,9110,'gC
NAAB
+IGg B A A A EghVP9 BAA kGbg BJNfDC BJNfrD BJNfrD A A
+C','Z1Nlo6kTl/+6I4+ju5xuNA') failed:
The table 'File' is full
<<>>

     This has been running perfectly with absolutely no change by me in at
least the last year.  (And, it's actually been running very well since
late 2005.  I did, around a year ago, modify how many backup files were
kept, and modified the script that runs before the backup job begins.)

     The free space on this USB disk is:

<<>>
/dev/sdc1            307655768 192613956  99413784  66% /media/wd
<<>>

     I have a separate shell script which Cron runs right after midnight
on my backup days (Tuesday for the Western Digital, Saturday for the
SimpleTech) that keeps the last three full and the last 12 differential
backups.

     A full backup is done on the first Tuesday/Saturday of each month.  A
differential is done all other Tuesdays/Saturdays.

     (So, the first time it runs after a full backup, there are FOUR full
backup files, and it deletes the oldest used one, making the total full
backup files three again.  Similarly, the same for differential.)

     The Use is 66%.  I don't think it got too full.

     Permissions-wise, there has been no change at all.  bacula-dir, fd,
and sd all started up on my last reboot, and all has been well.  Other
backups, including full backups, have been done on the currently running
bacula-dir/fd/sd programs.

     My system is a Fedora Core Linux system.

     Do you have any suggestions for me to look at?

     I *think* the first backup actually finished, though I haven't tried
to verify it yet.  It's like at the very end, when it tried to send the
mail, that's when the failure occurred... maybe!  :-)

     Thank you!

     Barry

--
Barry L. Bond                      | http://home.cfl.rr.com/os9barry/
Software Engineer, ITT Corporation | (My personal home web page, last

bbond @ cfl.rr.com <- personal     |  Re-Vita Products:
Barry.Bond @ ITT.com <- Work ONLY  |  http://www.re-vita.net/barrybond
                                   |  Re-Vita Distributor Information
Home office:  407-382-2815         |  http://www.re-vita.net/barrybond-2
Work:         321-494-5627         |  Toll free order:  1-888-820-5531