Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows agent status window missing - SOLVED

2008-12-03 07:18:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows agent status window missing - SOLVED
From: Foo <bfoo33 AT yahoo.co DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 13:16:26 +0100
On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 16:45:39 +0100, Foo <bfoo33 AT yahoo.co DOT uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in the Windows FD version 2.2.6 you got a systray icon which when
> doubleclicked showed the job status, with Windows FD version 2.4.3 you
> just get the service running in the background.

I found the reason: the icon is only visible on the console, and not when
logging in via remote desktop.
You need to add /console to the remote desktop arguments (or -0 if you use
rdesktop from a Linux client), it will show up then.

Maybe you guys could test this with Vista as well, I stay well away from
it :)