Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] What causes orphaned Path/Files in database?

2008-10-16 04:13:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] What causes orphaned Path/Files in database?
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: baculausers <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:08:07 +0200
Hi,

16.10.2008 04:14, Hemant Shah wrote:

> --- On Wed, 10/15/08, Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de> wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation, I will setup a cron job to run dbcheck.

I would be careful with a cron job... basically, as the dbcheck
process can take a long time and locks the database, it can result in
backups not running as scheduled.

It's better, in my opinion, to just add the dbcheck to your list of
things to do during maintenance periods. You usually don't need to run
it more often than a few times a year, too, so if you choose to do
that via cron, you should schedule it to a time where no backups run,
and only run it monthly or even less often.

Arno

> Hemant Shah
> E-mail: hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com

Arno Lehmann