Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] setup job to prune volumes

2008-05-27 21:59:52
Subject: [Bacula-users] setup job to prune volumes
From: Hemant Shah <hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com>
To: baculausers <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 18:59:41 -0700 (PDT)
I am wrote a script that will prune the volumes/jobs and delete the files from
the disk. I would like to run it before full backup jobs start. It will not do
any backups, I just want to run the script.

Do I set it up as admin job? How do I do it? I could not find any examples of
admin job.

Here is what my schedule looks like:

Schedule
{
   Name = FullBackupToTape
   Run = Level=Full Storage=DLT_Drive SpoolData=yes 1st fri at 20:00
}

Schedule
{
  Name = BackupToDisk
  Run = Level=Full 1st fri at 22:00
  Run = Level=Incremental sun-fri at 22:00
  Run = Level=Incremental 2nd sat at 22:00
  Run = Level=Incremental 3rd sat at 22:00
  Run = Level=Incremental 4th sat at 22:00
}

Schedule
{
  Name = VmwareToTape
  Run = Level=Full Storage=DLT_Drive SpoolData=yes 1st fri at 21:00
}

Schedule
{
  Name = VmwareToDisk
  Run = Level=Full Fri at 23:00
}

# This schedule does the catalog. It starts after the WeeklyCycle
Schedule
{
  Name = WeeklyCycleAfterBackup
  Run = Level=Full sun-sat at 23:30
}

I want to run the script before my full backup to disk (1st friday) and before
vmware backup to disk (every friday). The retention period for the full backup
is 2 months and vmware backup is 2 weeks so I need to run script every friday.

Thanks.

Hemant Shah
E-mail: hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com