Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Split bacula-dir.conf file in many .conf files

2008-05-27 12:33:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Split bacula-dir.conf file in many .conf files
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: Reynier Perez Mira <rperezm AT uci DOT cu>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 18:33:27 +0200
Reynier Perez Mira wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a huge quantity of clients and my bacula-dir.conf file is to long for
> read it. I'm asking if exists any way to split this file into many files,
> perhaps one or two files per client. Any help or guide?
> Cheers and thanks in advance
> Ing. Reynier Pérez Mira
> Grupo Soporte al Desarrollo - Dirección Técnica IP

We use a mix of the John and the Robert method.
Also the Jari method of symlink is a good one if you got many clients.

Usually we put all what concern a client into it's conf
client def
Fileset
Job
Pool if specific.
Schedule if not general

I will retain the trick's
# include all config in /etc/bacula/clients-enabled
@|"sh -c 'cat /etc/bacula/clients-enabled/*'"

--

     Bruno Friedmann

Ioda-Net Sàrl   - www.ioda-net.ch