Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Autochanger promting for tapes

2008-05-23 16:06:59
Subject: [Bacula-users] Autochanger promting for tapes
From: Keith Edmunds <kae AT midnighthax DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 21:06:17 +0100
I'm new to Bacula, so if there's somewhere else I should be looking please
just point me there.

I have configured Bacula 2.2.8 with a Sony LIB-162 autochanger, and the
initial test backup ran successfully. I've tried to run a second test
backup, and I'm being prompted to insert a tape:

23-May 20:49 localhost-sd JobId 5: Please mount Volume "Tape00" or label a
new one for: Job:          Client1.2008-05-23_20.27.03
    Storage:      "Drive-1" (/dev/nst0)
    Pool:         Default
    Media type:   AIT-2

I'm not sure why Bacula isn't commanding the autochanger to load the
appropriate tape, or even continuing to use the first tape (Tape00).

What I've done:

- run "btape -c bacula-sd.conf /dev/nst0", which ran successfully
- run "update slots", which gave:

*update slots
Automatically selected Storage: localhost-sd
Connecting to Storage daemon localhost-sd at localhost:9103 ...
3306 Issuing autochanger "slots" command.
Device "Drive-1" has 16 slots.
Connecting to Storage daemon localhost-sd at localhost:9103 ...
3306 Issuing autochanger "list" command.
No Volumes found to label, or no barcodes.
*

I'm not sure where to look next. Rather than clog up this mail with lots
of configuration information that may be irrelevant, please ask if there's
anything that would be helpful.

Thanks,
Keith