Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Database woes

2008-05-22 11:41:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Database woes
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 16:38:14 +0100 (BST)
On Thu, 22 May 2008, John Drescher wrote:

> > Bscan works, but is incredibly slow when there are 60 tapes to consider -
> > right now I'm not entirely sure which ones have been relablled/reused over
> > the weekend.

> I would restore the Friday database backup and then use bscan on the
> new media. I assume there were not 60 tapes written since friday?

The problem is that once the Friday backup is retored there's no record of
_which_ tapes were written. This means all 60 have to be scanned.

The other problem is thatr currently it's taking about 8 hours to bscan
each LTO2 tape.

That's why I'd prefer to be able to merge the 2 databases before bscanning
to make sure everything is fully in synch.

AB