Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Proplem upgrading from 1.38 to 2.2

2008-05-17 07:28:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Proplem upgrading from 1.38 to 2.2
From: "Jari Fredriksson" <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: "Ralf Gross" <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 14:27:52 +0300
> Jari Fredriksson schrieb:
>>
>> HAVE_BATCH_FILE_INSERT seems to be so wrong in so many
>> levels, that it's best to disable. [...]
>
> Have you checked your mysql logs and these wiki entries:
>
> http://wiki.bacula.org/doku.php?id=faq#mysql_server_has_gone_away
> http://wiki.bacula.org/doku.php?id=faq#fixing_table_bacula.batch_doesn_t_exist

Yes. While it is possible that my MySQL is "broken" (I installed/upgraded it at
the same time as this Bacula), I do have timeouts as

    wait_timeout=691200
    interactive_timeout=691200

Much more than suggested there. And my MySQL never "went away". It just kept
running at 100% processor for 12 hours for a 1 minute job (until I woke up and
disconnected the db connection).