Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] pool deleting jobid

2008-04-25 17:11:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] pool deleting jobid
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 23:09:49 +0200
Hi,

25.04.2008 16:49, Bruno Frensch Deschamps wrote:
> Hi
> I have my bacula running all OK, but when i run list jobs, he show only
> 5 jobs...
> he is deleting my old jobs and keeping only 5, how i incrase that jobs
> lists?

By setting your retention times and recycling settings in a way that
allows Bacula to keep more jobs.

> here is my bacula-dir:
>
> JobDefs {
> Name = "Fita"
> Type = Backup
> Storage = Storage-Fita
> Messages = Padrao
> Priority = 10
> }
>
> Pool {
> Name = "Diario"
> Pool Type = Backup
> Recycle = yes
> Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
> Recycle Current Volume = yes

Why did you set the two options above? If you can't explain why they
are needed by your setup you most likely should not set them.

> Purge Oldest Volume = no
> AutoPrune = yes
> Volume Retention = 12h

A volume is only valid for 12 hours after the last write to it. That's
a setting I would expect to see in a test environment. In a production
environment I would consider it a good reason to fire the
administrator responsible for it ;-)

> Label Format = "Diario-"
> Maximum Volumes = 5

There may only be five volumes in this pool.

> Maximum Volume Jobs = 1

Each volume may only hold one job.

The two items above, together, ensure you only have a maximum of five
jobs in the catalog and on storage.

--
Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann