Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 2.2.8 Problem running on opensuse10.3

2008-04-15 03:38:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 2.2.8 Problem running on opensuse10.3
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 09:23:53 +0200
Hi,

15.04.2008 01:21, Richard Tunks wrote:
>   Hello,
>
> I'm looking for some help.
> Background Info:
> Your operating system    - opensuse10.2 (32bit i586)

Here you say it's 10.2

> The version of Bacula you are using  - 2.2.8
> *Problem*
> I have Bacula 2.2.8 (with mysql as database) up and running (installed
> from RPM downloaded from bacula site.  Components deployed are:
>
>     * bacula server (mysql) 2.2.8
>     * gconsole 2.2.8-1
>     * bat 2.2.8-1
>
> I'm running this on a Compaq ML370 G1 (dual intel P486 + 1.5G ram) with
> a DLT7000 tape drive.  OS = opensuse 10.3

Now it's 10.3.

> with KDE 3.5.2 running.  I
> have the server backing its self up and also single windows machine -
> this works really well.
>
> My problem is that intermittantly when I try launch the BAT tool and it
> connects to the Director the server crashes and executes a full "power
> lost" restart.  I'm new to this so don't have any diagnostics (logs
> etc).  If someone could give me some advice on how to get some debug I'd
> like to collect some to help to identify and resolve the problem.

Do you have the HP management tools installed, including the hardware
watchdog support? In that case I suspect the restarts are a result of
the watchdog timing out because some part of your Bacula installation
blocks the machine for too long.

You could check that in the management logs for the servers hardware
(I don't know the ML series, but If you've got ILOM available that
should tell you... otherwise, hplog or hpimlview could be the tools to
show the systems hardware logs.

Arno

> have not included the SD, FD or DIR conf files here, but I'm happy to
> send them if that would help.
>
> Any suggestions on how to improve stability would be really appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Richard Tunks
>

> News, Sports, Entertainment and Weather on your mobile. Text MSN to
> 63463 Now. <http://mobile.uk.msn.com/pc/msn_content.aspx>

> Use priority code J8TL2D2.

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann