BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC 4.1.x vs. MacOS rsyncd

2017-07-06 11:49:44
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 4.1.x vs. MacOS rsyncd
From: Josh Malone <jmalone AT nrao DOT edu>
To: BackupPC-Users <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 11:35:33 -0400
All,

I'm currently using backuppc to backup file from a Mac system via rsyncd. In 3.x this is working fine, but my new 4.1.3 server fails the backup with zero files. Logs on the mac system indicate that perhaps new rsync options are being used in 4.x that MacOS rsyncd doesn't like:

rsyncd[49844]: rsync: on remote machine: -slHogDtprcx: unknown option

Indeed, if I run a test rsync locally on the Mac, I get complaints about the options. If I leave of the "s" from the options string, the command works.

Is anybody successfully using BackupPC 4.1.x to back up MacOS 10.10?

Is there any way to customize the options used on the Mac client?

Thanks,

-Josh

       Joshua Malone       Systems Administrator
     (jmalone AT nrao DOT edu)    NRAO Charlottesville
        434-296-0263           www.nrao.edu
        434-249-5699 (mobile)