BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Upgrading of host configurations esp RsyncClientCmd - wiki entry?

2017-06-21 06:29:41
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Upgrading of host configurations esp RsyncClientCmd - wiki entry?
From: Max Killer <hal.from.2001 AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 10:28:32 +0000
Hi,

while I am using BackupPc for a long time now this is my first post to this list, please excuse any mistakes I make. I also assume that developers read this list from time to time (and the devel list is for coding/bugs only). You have my greatest thanks to still develop and support BackupPc.

I recently upgraded from 3.x to 4.x, and I also switched from a local installation to a docker based one (https://github.com/adferrand/docker-backuppc) I am aware that this might bring extra problems to the mix.

I know that configure.pl tries to translate the old RsyncClientCmd to the new scheme and can only do this in simple cases reliably. I also realized that the host files itself were not automatically migrated to 4.x, which was a bit surprising (or maybe I did not read the instructions correctly).

Anyhow, I struggle to translate the old RsyncClientCmd to the new scheme, is it possible that someone can post a short summary of how the new settings correspond to the old one? I saw that there is a code part in configure.pl which tries to do this, can this be put into something like https://ideone.com/ or a standalone file so I at least can observe the potential output of the host specific commands? I do not understand perl enough to do that myself.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

hal