BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] New BackupPC 4 install & --acls option

2017-04-18 05:44:26
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] New BackupPC 4 install & --acls option
From: "Nicola Ferrari (#554252)" <nick-liste AT posteo DOT eu>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 11:43:25 +0200
Il 18/04/2017 06:30, Craig Barratt ha scritto:
> Nicola,
>
> acls and xattrs need protocol version >= 30.  What's the version and
> protocol of your remote (client) rsync?  Eg,
>
>      client% rsync --version
>      rsync  version 3.1.2  protocol version 31
>
> Craig

Thanks Craig for your response!
Here's what I get issuing rsync --version at client side:

root@patrick:/# rsync --version
rsync  version 3.1.1  protocol version 31
Copyright (C) 1996-2014 by Andrew Tridgell, Wayne Davison, and others.
Web site: http://rsync.samba.org/
Capabilities:
    64-bit files, 64-bit inums, 64-bit timestamps, 64-bit long ints,
    socketpairs, hardlinks, symlinks, IPv6, batchfiles, inplace,
    append, ACLs, xattrs, iconv, symtimes, prealloc

So protocol is version 31 and acl seems to be already in the rsync
capabilities.

That's why it was sounding me quite strange!

Any suggestion!
Thanks again!

Nicola