BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Rsync errors after upgrading to BackupPC 4.1.1

2017-04-09 09:24:07
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Rsync errors after upgrading to BackupPC 4.1.1
From: Paul Revord <prsmokin AT msn DOT com>
To: "backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2017 13:09:03 +0000
Craig,
   4.1.1 -
   $RsyncSshArgs = ['-e', '$sshPath -q -x -l root ', ]
   $RsyncArgs = [--super, --recursive, --protect-args, --numeric-ids, --perms,
--owner, --group, -D,
                 --times, --links, --hard-links, --delete, --partial, --stats,
                 --log-format=log %o i %B %8U %8G %9l %f%L ]

   3.3.0 (default and linux systems)
   $RsyncClientCmd = '$sshPath -q -x -l root $host $rsyncPath $argList+'
   $RsyncArgs = [--numeric-ids, --perms, --owner, --group, -D, --links,
--hard-links, --times,
                 --block-size=2048, --recursive, --one-file-system,
--checksum-seed=32761 ]

   3.3.0 (Win10 system) $RsyncClientCmd = '$sshPath -q -x -l backuppc $host
$rsyncPath $argList+'

 I noticed the Win10 system config used the default $RsyncSshArgs which
specified 'root' as the user.
 I overrode that in the host config.pl to specify 'backuppc' as in 3.3.0.
 The linux system backup was looking for a non-existent host.exclude file.
 I believe these two errors are the cause of the  failures.
 However, after all the failures, my BackupPC disk is full.
 I need to regain space before attempting any more backups.

 I will update this post with the results of the next backup runs.
 Thank you for the prompt response and help.
 Paul

> Paul,

> Most likely this relates to $Conf{RsyncSshArgs} not being initialized
> correctly from the old 3.x settings for $Conf{RsyncClientCmd}.

> Can you tell us what $Conf{RsyncClientCmd} used to be (eg, there should be
> a copy of the pre-upgrade config in /etc/BackupPC/config.pl.pre-4.1.1), and
> what $Conf{RsyncSshArgs} and $Conf{RsyncClientCmd} currently are?  Are you
> overriding those in the per-client config.pl?

> It would also be helpful to look in the XferLOG file to see exactly what
> rsync_bpc command is being executed.  Could you send the failed XferLOG
> file too (feel free to redact host names etc)?

> Craig

> On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 9:00 AM, Paul Revord <prsmokin@...> wrote:

>> I have been running BackupPC 3.3.0 for a few years without trouble. After
>> upgrading to 4.1.1, I am receiving the following errors on backups -
>>
>> rsync error: rsync failed on file IO(code 11) at exclude.c(1058) [client
>> 3.0.9.6]
>>
>> ** this error is from backup of OpenSuSE Leap42.1 systems with rsync 3.1.0
>> **
>>
>> rsync error: unexplained error(code 255) at io.c(629) [receiver 3.0.9.6]
>>
>> ** this error is from backup of Win10 system with cygwin64 rsync 3.1.2 **
**Snip**