BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Question on using NAS for Pool

2016-08-05 14:42:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Question on using NAS for Pool
From: Phil Kennedy <phillip.kennedy AT yankeeairmuseum DOT org>
To: General list for user discussion questions and support <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 14:11:22 -0400

Changing to an NFS mount point isn't any different from the docs that detail how to change the mount point in general. Create your mount point, Mount the NFS share, the change /var/lib/backuppc to a softlink to where ever your new backuppc location is.

(Those the 10,000 foot view. You'll want to dig in a little deeper before making the change, especially if you have existing configuration data or backups in a currently running instance)

One difference that seems to be a sticking point from time to time is the way the NFS share is mounted. If you have major performance / responsiveness issues with backuppc, you may want to change the fstab entry for the NFS mount point to use the "nolock" option
~Phil