BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] manual start backup on dhcp laptop

2015-05-18 14:11:55
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] manual start backup on dhcp laptop
From: Kris Lou <klou AT themusiclink DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 11:03:35 -0700
For my VPN clients that need backups, I assign a static address to the VPN endpoint.  Then I use this as a ClientNameAlias and also bypass DNS lookups with the NmblookupFindHostCommand.

If your client is NAT'ed behind the gateway, then you'll have to expose it to BackupPC somehow.  But whether it's mapped by the VPN or not, you just need to make sure that the appropriate routing is configured.

Regarding disabling the schedule, look at BackupDisable=1.