BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Changing XferMethod on existing host

2015-03-10 03:25:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Changing XferMethod on existing host
From: Ibon Castilla <ibon.castilla AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 08:23:28 +0100

Hi Jason,

I really didn't change the method in the past, but I tried pure Rsyncd
solution on Windows XP client (not based on Cygwin) successfully. I
can share my notes if you are interested :)

Cheers, Ibon.

Abrazo, Ibon.

Usa Software Libre, tus úlceras te lo agradecerán
Realizado con Software Libre.
- --
GPG public key at http://sinanimodelucro.net/ibon_gmail.asc
Finderprint: 1761 59B9 6DE6 0402 31B9 1872 178F A6FD 75F9 EB29

El 09/03/15 a las 22:51, Jason Spohn escribió:
> I’m wondering what types of complications can arise from changing
> as existing and established hosts ‘XferMethod’ – Specifically from
> SMB to rsync. The host is a windows 2012 server box using rsync
> over ssh with Cygwin. Will restores and existing backups still
> work? Anyone had experience doing this (changing methods)?
>

> *Jason Spohn                                               *
>
> System Administrator
>
> * *
>

> cid:[email protected]   *+*
> _cid:[email protected]
> _cid:[email protected]
>
> *STRONGER TOGETHER: *On January 1st, 2015, Beals Alliance joined
> Siegfried. This acquisition by Siegfried enables the expansion of
> our Athletic Facility Design capabilities and further strengthens
> our unique Multi-Disciplinary approach to our projects. Click here
> to read more! <http://siegfriedeng.com/index.asp>
>

> 3244 Brookside Rd., Ste. 100 ■Stockton, CA 95219
>
> t: 209.943.2021 x 144 ■ f: 209.942.0214
>

> Stockton ■ Sacramento ■ San Jose
>
> siegfriedeng.com

Dive into the World of Parallel Programming The Go Parallel Website,
sponsored