BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] SOLVED: rsync transfer sometimes stalled

2014-12-09 16:31:53
Subject: [BackupPC-users] SOLVED: rsync transfer sometimes stalled
From: mwilck <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 13:29:12 -0800
On my system, I have occasionally observed stalled rsync transfers with
BackupPC. Typically both the rsync sender and the BackupPC rsync receiver are
waiting in select() until a timeout occurs and the backup is aborted.

I traced this down and filed a bug on
htttps://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=100810. I also attached a patch
for File::RsyncP there which fixes the problem for me.

I am assuming that this may have caused similar problems for other users.
Googling for "BackupPC rsync stall" at least showed a few similar cases,
although most of them were quite old.