BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Why "Child is aborting"?

2014-11-30 13:45:07
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Why "Child is aborting"?
From: Timothy J Massey <tmassey AT obscorp DOT com>
To: "cvoelker AT knebb DOT de" <cvoelker AT knebb DOT de>, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 13:43:49 -0500
I think you misunderstand. When rsync is doing checksums on very large
files, it won't be 60 seconds without I/O. It will be many minutes. You
might want to set that to 3600 seconds and see if your systems take that
long to timeout.

Or, if you get it carefully time how long your runs are waiting before they
die? You might be able to alter the time out in smaller increments and see
if the delay changes along with your changes in timeout.

Or it might be something else completely.

Timothy J. Massey

Sent from my iPad