BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Using NFS to increase backup speed

2014-10-17 09:31:49
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Using NFS to increase backup speed
From: Sorin Srbu <Sorin.Srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 13:29:47 +0000

I thought I had, and maybe I still do, with the very first full backup.

I was worried the full backup wouldn't complete in the limited time the BPC
server in online.
For practical reasons (well, because of the hd-space available really), the
server used is off during nights in order to save some electricity.

The first backup took some 17 hours...

Today, I just checked, the first incremental backup took just under three
hours, which is completely okay.
I'll need to see how the next full backup performs with the speed tweaks I've
done so far.

--
//Sorin