BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Has anybody here configured BackupPC to back up/image linux

2014-09-26 12:51:01
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Has anybody here configured BackupPC to back up/image linux
From: xpac <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 09:49:47 -0700
SO, I took this from their Wikipedia page "BackupPC is not a block-level backup
system like Ghost4Linux but performs file-based backup and restore. Thus it is
not suitable for backup of disk images or raw disk partitions"

Hmmm, just thinking outloud here but is there something open source that is
better suited for server backups/restores/disaster recovery?

Or do those that use this find that it is relatively easy in the event of a
disaster.  Right now I'm working on implementing something into our small
production environment (consisting entirely of Centos servers) and I have
BackupPC up and running, just want to see if maybe I should reconsider before
we get too far along and switching to something else becomes much more painful.

Any/all opinions are welcomed  :D