BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup-PC Project

2014-09-26 11:10:54
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup-PC Project
From: "Dick Tump (Shock Media B.V.)" <dick AT shockmedia DOT nl>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 16:27:45 +0200
Hello Heuzé,

For my work I have created a few scripts that collects BackupPC
information from the text files with backup details and then stores it
into the MySQL database of our server administration. This is very
simple to do, for example with a small Perl script. Unfortunately I
can't share those scripts (and it's not very useful for others), but to
help you a bit further: how I did it, was just reading the 'backup'
files in de pc/servername directory. To find out what each value means,
I have compared them to what the webinterface lists.

Of course you can do the same with all other information, or make
scripts to extract files, send you notifications by e-mail, or put
details in some kind of database which makes it easy for you to search
for information.

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,
Dick Tump | Shock Media B.V.

Tel: +31 (0)546 - 714360