BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Easiest way to delete test backups?

2014-09-23 15:31:56
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Easiest way to delete test backups?
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 14:30:23 -0500
On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 1:50 PM, xpac <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
wrote:
> Hi, I'm fairly new to Linux, and brand new to BackupPC (I've dealt with
> Netbackup/BackupExec/Commvault in the past in mostly Windows centric
> environments) - I've recently installed it and started generating some test
> backups so I can work out any issues, and so far so good.
>
> However, these are not backup jobs that I would like to keep, I don't see an
> easy way to delete them through the web interface, so what's the easiest
> solution (without screwing anything up)?

If you are going to continue to back up the same content, you won't
gain much by deleting the test runs since the files are all pooled.
However, you can simply delete a host's entry under the 'pc' directory
and delete the host from the backuppc configuration if you no longer
want that target.  Any pooled files not shared by remaining backups
will be removed when BackupPC_Nightly runs cleaning out the pool files
where the link count has gone down to 1.