BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Too many full backups?

2014-04-20 13:05:07
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Too many full backups?
From: Alexander Moisseev <moiseev AT mezonplus DOT ru>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 20:45:28 +0400
20.04.2014 18:56, absolutely_free AT libero DOT it пишет:
> Hi,
> I put this in config.pl
>
> $Conf{FullKeepCnt} = [
>    '2'
> ];
>

> anyway, for several hosts, I have 3 or even 4 full backups, and I'm running
> out of disk space!
> What's wrong?
> Thank you very much

Do you have incremental backups that depends on that extra full backups? Full
backup are kept until incremental backups expire.

Usually having many full backups is not an issue. Because of pooling
(deduplication). Identical files across multiple backups are stored only once.

Also you can delete some backups by hand. Remove backup nnn directory
TOPDIR/pc/HOST/nnn . Unused pool files will be deleted, when BackupPC_nightly
next runs.

You can start BackupPC_nightly immediately:
# su backuppc
$ BackupPC_serverMesg BackupPC_nightly run

--
Alexander