BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Filesystem?

2013-12-02 19:20:40
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Filesystem?
From: Russ Poyner <rpoyner AT engr.wisc DOT edu>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 18:07:32 -0600
I'm a big fan of zfs, but the compression won't be a factor since backuppc already compresses the data. My one backuppc box runs FreeBSD with the data on zfs and compression off.

I like managing storage with the zpool and zfs commands much better than md,  lvm and ext4.

RP

Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone