BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] First attempt at backup PC, running into issues.

2013-10-01 16:22:23
Subject: [BackupPC-users] First attempt at backup PC, running into issues.
From: derr12 <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 12:13:04 -0700
Hi guys, I wanted to demo backupPC so i installed it on a ubuntu server 12.04
VM.

all installed fine, I created a host (a windows machine with a public share),
ran the manual backup.  Just sits in the host summary area with the state
"backup in progress"

All the shares on that host amount to about a hundred megs, so i dont think
it's even starting.

I suspect it has something to do with how im naming the smb share i want it to
pull from. I tried the literal share name as it finds when I try and smb client
via the server, ive tried just $C which i assume pulls from all the available
shared directories.

Im not showing any errors logged after i start the backup, last logfile entry
was;
2013-10-01 10:32:23 Started full backup on csr1 (pid=3774, share=My Documents)

Any suggestions?  Im sure im missing something simple, but i was not able to
scrunge my answer from the documentation.