BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Only saturday full backup

2013-06-06 06:08:29
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Only saturday full backup
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 05:47:40 -0400
On 06/06 12:25 , Федорищев Игорь Николаевич wrote:
> I want to backup some host incrementally every night but launch full backup
> every saturday only!
>
> What config do I need to have in host configuration section?

Best thing to do is force a full backup every week with a cron job. Put an
entry in /etc/crontab like so:

05 12 * * 6 backuppc /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_serverMesg backup
host.example.com host.example.com backuppc 1

And it will tell the backuppc server to run a full backup at 0512 on
Saturday. (Obviously, it should all be on one line and you should modify the
time and hostname for your needs).

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator