BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Child exit prematurely

2013-06-04 14:12:55
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Child exit prematurely
From: Mike <ispbuilder AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 15:11:15 -0300
When I see this issue, here's what I do:

  • Delay the next backup for 24h
  • Make sure backuppc_nightly isn't going to run in the near future
  • run, as backuppc, "BackupPC_dump -f -v hostname"
  • figure out what the errors you get back mean, and how to solve them
  • run, as backuppc, "BackupPC_link hostname"
  • remove the delay on the next backup, if you want to

Makes trouble shooting much much easier.