BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Added Directories and Incremental

2013-01-14 09:54:10
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Added Directories and Incremental
From: Travis Schwenke <travis.schwenke AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 09:52:28 -0500
So, now that I have backuppc running, the Ubuntu distribution had setup up a Tar backup of /etc for localhost.  I went in and added a couple of locations to that backup. (TarShareName from GUI)

The next incremental looks like it found all the directories and added them, but it didn't add ANY files.  Is this the correct behaviour?  Does that mean I should kick off a full backup myself?  And if I manually kickoff a backup will all the "rules" still be in effect (# of full backups etc?).

Thanks, just trying to make sure things are working properly on my first usage of this great tool.

Travis (new Backuppc user, and loving it)..