BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Dual-boot backuppc server

2011-10-07 11:52:14
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Dual-boot backuppc server
From: Ram Rao <drramrao AT yahoo DOT com>
To: "backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 08:50:58 -0700 (PDT)
I have successfully been using backuppc on my Ubuntu 10.04 system for over a year to back up a couple of Linux clients.

I  now desire to install Ubuntu 11.04 (on a different partition) on the system which serves as my backuppc server.  I would like to configure backuppc on 11.04 to use the backup information I have been using on 10.04, and have the freedom to reboot between the two systems without impacting the backups of clients.  On my 10.04 system, I had created /var/lib/backuppc on a separate LVM volume.  Besides mounting this on my 11.04 system, what else do I need to do enable preserving backuppc data in this dual-boot environment?

Thanks,

Ram