BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Append share to RsyncShareName?

2011-10-03 12:46:57
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Append share to RsyncShareName?
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Keith Edmunds <kae AT midnighthax DOT com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 18:44:42 +0200
Hi,

Keith Edmunds wrote on 2011-10-03 12:01:22 +0100 [[BackupPC-users] Append share
to RsyncShareName?]:
> We have a number of default shares defined in config.pl; for example:
>
> $Conf{RsyncShareName} = ['/etc', '/root', '/var/backups'];
>
> [...] on some systems we might want to backup additional shares. [...]
>
> What we would like to do in the per-client configuration file is append any
> additional shares to the default as specified in config.pl, so pseudo code
> for the second example above would be:
>
>       $Conf{RsyncShareName} += ['/home'];
>
> Is there a way of doing that?

yes.

        push @{$Conf{RsyncShareName}}, '/home';

(you could list any number of shares, separated by commas, or you could add
each share in an individual push command).

Note that this requires at least BackupPC 3.2.0, and that this won't work well
with the CGI editor, so you'd have to edit your host config file with a text
editor.

Regards,
Holger