BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Getting backuppc to wol a client

2011-09-06 09:37:09
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Getting backuppc to wol a client
From: "Michael Stowe" <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 08:35:59 -0500
> Hi guys,
> thanks for posting the small guide,
>
> unfortunettly it does not work for me, the message that i get is
> "2011-09-06 11:06:31 no ping response"
>
> what i did exacly is
>
> create /etc/backuppc/wolping.bsh with the code in the guide, added owner
> backuppc and group www-data , 777 rights just to be sure
> set PingPath to /etc/backuppc

No.  PathPath is the path to the ping command, so in this case, it would
be /etc/backuppc/wolping.bsh -- not just the directory, which cannot be
executed.

This gets called by PingCmd, which in my case, is set to:
$pingPath -c 1 -w 3 $host

I note that Salik's script assumes that the host name is the third
argument, so I just altered the script.  You may want to alter the PingCmd
to suit the script you're using, or vice versa.