BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] First time setting up an archive host

2011-04-30 09:58:45
Subject: [BackupPC-users] First time setting up an archive host
From: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 08:56:09 -0500
I've got a couple of questions that should be very simple to answer.

I've setup an archive host and configured the xfer settings to what I
want but I noticed in the web interface that it still had a schedule
section.

Do archive hosts honor the schedule? I assume it would since it exists
so I set BackupsDisable to true, but when I google this it seems most
people schedule archives via cron. What gives?

If it does honor the settings in the Schedule section, does
FullKeepCnt work? My client would like to keep the the current month
and previous month on a single removable HD and then will rotate
through 3 HDs for extra redundancy since these drives will be consumer
grade 2TB drives which don't have the best reliability.

Thanks,
Richard