BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Downloading copy of backup from zip file over 4GB

2011-04-20 17:34:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Downloading copy of backup from zip file over 4GB
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: "Lee A. Connell" <lee AT ammocomp DOT com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 23:33:43 +0200
Hi,

Lee A. Connell wrote on 2011-04-20 16:58:15 -0400 [[BackupPC-users] Downloading
copy of backup from zip file over 4GB]:
> When I try to download tar or zip backup file over 4GB the download
> fails.  What can be causing this?

the same as in the thread a few days ago: quite a lot of things. Where is your
browser trying to store it? Note that I'm not asking where *you* are trying to
store it - I assume you have enough space there, and I assume you've verified
that storing files of that size works. I don't know of any limitations on
BackupPC's side (if that's what you're asking). It's almost certainly a
browser or file system issue. I'd guess tmp space, wherever your browser
puts that.

Regards,
Holger