BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] More on backing up to NFS

2011-04-04 07:43:58
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] More on backing up to NFS
From: Peter Lavender <plaven AT internode.on DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 21:41:55 +1000
OK, so I found the right thing to do here.

Specifically this paragraph:

Hard links only work within the same filesystem because they are just
additional names pointing to the same inode. The cpool and pc
directories must live under the same mount point.

So as I outline here:

http://perlwannabe.typepad.com/blog/2011/04/backuppc-to-nas-over-nfs.html

I just created the mountpoint and then copied the directories over.

It works in that I can now start backups, however it's failing with a tar exited with a 512 error, more googling to be done.

But it's a good start..