BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] High Repeated Data Transfer Volumes During Incremental Backup

2011-04-01 11:02:26
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] High Repeated Data Transfer Volumes During Incremental Backup
From: nhoeller AT sinet DOT ca
To: BackupPC-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 10:10:30 -0400
On 2011-03-31 14:58  John Rouillard wrote:

> Having myself spent a few weeks getting it all working on a plug computer,
> did you make sure to correct *both* bugs that I found and posted to
> the archive?

John, I reviewed the two issues at http://www.adsm.org/lists/html/BackupPC-users/2011-01/msg00149.html and http://www.adsm.org/lists/html/BackupPC-users/2011-02/msg00074.html.  I am not planning to move off ARM, so the second is of lesser concern.  The first one sounds similar to a problem I ran into where the checksums were not being calculated properly leading to unnecessary transfer of files.  However, I do not think this problem is relevant in my case since the full backup on March 30th did not transfer any data for the two 350MB files, so the rsync checksums must have matched.
         Thanks, Norbert