BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] DeltaCopy Windows Server Enterprise

2011-03-31 12:17:46
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] DeltaCopy Windows Server Enterprise
From: Timothy J Massey <tmassey AT obscorp DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 12:13:44 -0400
Mark Maciolek <maciolek AT unh DOT edu> wrote on 03/31/2011 10:19:56 AM:

> I have installed DeltaCopy on a Windows Server Enterprise on two
> different servers. On one it works just fine and using NMAP from another
> system I see port 873 as open.
>
> On the other server the service is running and I see rsync in the Task
> Manager process window but NMAP does not show port 873 as open. Even if
> I shut the firewall off on this server port 873 still does not show as open.
>
> Any clue on what to look for next?

I have seen this myself on Windows Server 2008 R2 (but with standard rsync, not packaged in DeltaCopy).  Are you starting it from Scheduled Tasks (or whatever it's called)?  I have found that when I run it from the command line, it works, but from Tasks it does not.  I suspect that it's some sort of UAC-style lack of permissions to talk to the network.

I have yet to resolve it on the server that is doing this:  for now, I'm simply running it from the command line and leaving the session logged in...

Timothy J. Massey

Out of the Box Solutions, Inc.
Creative IT Solutions Made Simple!

http://www.OutOfTheBoxSolutions.com