BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backup backuppc pool with rsync offsite

2011-02-22 00:02:08
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backup backuppc pool with rsync offsite
From: Dennis Blewett <dennis.blewett AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 23:00:12 -0600
Hey, folks.

I've come back into the arena of using BackupPC.

At the moment, one of my main goals is to rsync the pool and whatever else to an offsite storage area.

I'm a student with access to a server for storing about 20GB of stuff on. I can use the intranet and rsync to move stuff onto it.

As such, I was hoping for a way to move the pool to the server.

Will I come across many problems in later restoring the pool's data if I just rsync /var/lib/backuppc to the server?
Are there other files and folders I should be rsync'ing to the server?

In general, I want to get stuff off my laptop, onto the offsite server via rsync, and be able to restore data from the pool that I put onto that server.

How do I go about this?