BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to restore 200GB as fast/easily as possible?

2010-12-22 10:56:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to restore 200GB as fast/easily as possible?
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 15:54:36 +0000
On Wed, 2010-12-22 at 10:01 -0500, gimili wrote:
> I don't see an option to cancel a restore job from the web interface.
> Is this an option?

Browse to the client. Hit "Stop/Dequeue Backup". What this really means
is "Stop/Dequeue all actions related to this client".

> So on the target I see:
> rsync     10041        root    1r      REG       8,17 115191313
> 58262536 /home/20090220_newxbackup.sql
> So would I just issue a kill 10041?

Yes.

> Should the next restore run faster as some of the files have been written?

Not in any way you're likely to notice. The files will still be copied
from the server to the client. Disk caches on both ends might be faster
now, though.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"... jingoism, racism, fear, religious fundamentalism: these are the
ways of appealing to people if you’re trying to organize a mass base