BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Different Backup schedule issue (hourly and daily)

2010-12-16 05:43:04
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Different Backup schedule issue (hourly and daily)
From: "mailing.lists.wam mailing.lists.wam" <mailing.lists.wam AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:40:56 +0100
Hi,

I'm having strange issues with BackupPC 3.1.0 on ubuntu 10.04.

1) I would like to configure backup schedule for a specified host this way, but couldn't find suitable config:

Backup every hour and keep 72 backups ( 3 days) ==> IncrPeriod 0.03 ? IncrKeepCNT 72 ? IncrKeepCntMin 72 ? IncrLevels ?
Keep 32 Full backups (a bit more than a month) => FullPeriod => 0.9 ? FullKeepCntMin => 32 ?
Keep 12 Months backups (1 year)

In this case does the deduplication take care of hard disk drive space ?

2) For the other hosts i would like to setup schedule this way:
Incremental each day
Full on Sunday afternoon
Keep 2 Fulls backups and 6 incremental for each full backup,
I setup the schedule like this :
FullPeriod = 6.9
FullKeepCNT = 2
IncrPeriod = 0.9
IncrKeepCNT = 6
IncrKeepCntMin = 1
IncrLevels = 1,2,3,4,5,6
Blackout Periods hourbegin=8, hourEnd=22, weekDays=1,2,3,4,5

Is this setup correct ? BackupPC would'nt make some backup sometimes, many hosts has "Nothing to do" state and Incremental Age of backup > 1.

Thanks for all your advices.