BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backup failed (Tar exited with error 512 () status)

2010-11-17 13:49:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backup failed (Tar exited with error 512 () status)
From: Frank J. Gómez <frank AT crop-circle DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:46:40 -0500
Hi, I think the problem is that you're running tar as the user backuppc, who probably doesn't have sufficient permissions to read all the files it's being told to back up. �There are some instructions for running as root here:�http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/localhost.html. �There has also been a lot of discussion on this on the list in the last week or two. �Search the archives (along with my name) during that period and you should find more help, if the FAQ page doesn't settle it for you.

-Frank