BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] problem with backuppc_archivestart on mounted directory

2010-11-16 13:03:49
Subject: [BackupPC-users] problem with backuppc_archivestart on mounted directory
From: benbit <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 12:37:49 -0500
hi there,

i'm trying to archive backups to a mounted directory. the directory is a remote
ftp mounted via curlftpfs.
first of all, if i use the web interface it works like a charm. but if i try to
start it from the shell, i get this error:

Executing&#58; /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_archiveHost
/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate /usr/bin/split&nbsp; localhost 5
/bin/gzip .gz 0000000 /mnt/stratoftp 0 *
Xfer PIDs are now 27834
Writing tar archive for host localhost, backup #5 to output file
/mnt/stratoftp/localhost.5.tar.gz

gzip&#58; stdout&#58; Input/output error
Executing&#58; /bin/sh -c /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate -t -h
localhost -n 5 -s \* . | /bin/gzip > /mnt/stratoftp/localhost.5.tar.gz
Error&#58; /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate, compress or split failed
Archive failed&#58; Error&#58; /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate,
compress or split failed

and the weird thing is, if i execute the failing command from the shell
directly, it works too:

su backuppc
/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate -t -h localhost -n 5 -s \* . |
/bin/gzip > /mnt/stratoftp/localhost.5.tar.gz

this does work. but i would like to have the archive log etc in my web
interface, so i'm trying to start it like this:

su backuppc -c "/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_archiveStart archiveftp
backuppc localhost"

but this fails with the mentioned error message. im kind of confused.

regards
benjamin