BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How does BackupPC work?

2010-11-02 16:23:41
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How does BackupPC work?
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 20:21:47 +0000
On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 13:15 -0500, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:
> On 10/29 08:16 , Richard Shaw wrote:
> > There is surprisingly little info on how BackupPC really works, at
> > least with the google searches I've tried. I'm just looking for a
> > concise overview of how the different backup methods work and how they
> > are different from one another.
>
> Reading /etc/backuppc/config.pl is remarkably informative. I suggest it to
> all Backuppc users.

And to be honest, so is the web-based inline documentation that comes
with it. Nearly all you need to understand about BackupPC, you can learn
by configuring it once. Perhaps this is why it isn't documented
elsewhere.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of
men's minds, which follows from the advance of science."