BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] open firewall ports on (domain controlled) windows clients

2010-10-31 09:43:15
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] open firewall ports on (domain controlled) windows clients
From: Bernhard Ott <bernhard.ott AT gmx DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 14:38:13 +0100
On 10/31/2010 02:09 PM, Bernhard Ott wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have to backup some windows clients which are members of a domain that
> I can't control (don't ask ;-)), so no way to change the domain profile.
>
> Is there a way to open the ssh port at boot time via script without
> being "overruled" by the domain controller?
> Would something like:
> <netsh firewall add portopening TCP 22 SSH enable subnet>
> work in this case (and where to put it)?

Maybe this could work (sorry, can't test right now and I need this to be
done very soon):

Add the following entries to the Windows Firewall Netfw.inf:

[ICF.AddReg.DomainProfile]
HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\
SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\
DomainProfile\GloballyOpenPorts\List",
"22:TCP",0x00000000,
"22:TCP:192.168.1.1:enabled:secure shell (SSH)"

Sorry for this question not being entirely backuppc-specific ;-)
BTW, win-clients OS are XP SP3, Win 7 ultimate 64bit

Bernhard