BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] "File::RsyncP module doesn't exist" but the perl module is installed

2010-10-26 05:22:58
Subject: [BackupPC-users] "File::RsyncP module doesn't exist" but the perl module is installed
From: Farmol SPA <farmolspa AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 11:20:38 +0200
Hi list.

Since some days a weird error started to show on BackupPC running on a
Debian Lenny. The only change I remember that was done in the same
period is that I added the backport repository:
> deb http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports lenny-backports main
> contrib non-free
but I only upgraded the zabbig-agent package and nothing else (packages
from this repository are not installed by default, due to "NotAutomatic:
yes" in the Release file).

The error I get (by email) is:
> The following hosts had an error that is probably caused by a
> misconfiguration.  Please fix these hosts:
>   - localhost (File::RsyncP module doesn't exist)
>
> Regards,
> PC Backup Genie
(localhost is the server where BackupPC server is running).

Googling around I found that a module should be installed, anyway:

$ sudo dpkg -l| grep rsyncp
ii  libfile-rsyncp-perl
0.68-1.1+b1                         A perl based implementation of an
Rsync clie

If i run the Full or Incremental backup from the web interface the
process is done with no errors, and also the backup run automatically at
the scheduled wake-up time is done with no errors (but the mail is sent).

Anybody could point me to the right direction?

Thanks.
Alessandro