BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Access Backuppc outside the office ??

2010-10-25 10:06:20
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Access Backuppc outside the office ??
From: "B. Alexander" <storm16 AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:03:36 -0400
What I do is use openvpn (http://openvpn.net) to access services behind my firewall. This gives me very granular control, since clients require a certificate signed by the right (internal) CA cert.

At that point, the device with vpn access becomes an extension of the internal network and can access the backup server as if it were in the network.

Finally installed Backuppc successfully. I could access web interface inside the office. If I would like to access from home to office Backuppc from Internet, how should do configure it? Please advice me or if there is a link for explanation. Thanks.