BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Fork-or-something of BackupPC_delete

2010-10-09 00:47:20
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Fork-or-something of BackupPC_delete
From: Robin Lee Powell <rlpowell AT digitalkingdom DOT org>
To: BackupPC Users <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 21:44:43 -0700
I've made a *bunch* of changes to BackupPC_delete from
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/backuppc/index.php?title=How_to_delete_backups
, including integration of the given patch.  If someone could post
this version, that would be swell.

I AM NOT THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR.  Hopefully the original author doesn't
mind.

Changes:

1.  -b mode doesn't delete a full and all dependents; it deletes the
full IFF all dependents are gone.  From the comments:

  As an example: If the first backup is a full on the 5th, and an
  incremental for every day from then on, and it's the 30th, and the
  user says to delete everything older than the 6th, deleting the
  full *and all the incrementals* up to today (i.e. all the
  backups!!) is probably not what they had in mind.

(this is what motivated my modifications: I lost a bunch of data
that way)

2.  Now has -n: the dry run flag

-Robin

--