BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] ERROR: opendir() failed

2010-10-06 10:08:19
Subject: [BackupPC-users] ERROR: opendir() failed
From: Andrew Schulman <andrex AT alumni.utexas DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 10:05:43 -0400
Hi.  BackupPC 3.1.0-9ubuntu1 on Ubuntu Lucid, x86_64.

Lately my log files have been full of lines like this one:

2010-10-06 09:40:05 ERROR: opendir
(/var/lib/backuppc/pc/helium/364/f%2fhome/fandrex/fSligo Creek/freports)
failed

Today I have a couple of dozen of these.  I don't remember seeing them
before, but they're in my logs for the last 2 weeks at least.

Every one of these messages is for a directory that didn't exist in the
backup named in the error message, but was created in the following backup.
So they're not really errors - BackupPC appears to have done the right
thing.  They're just log noise.

There's a Debian bug report for this at
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=558431.  Discussion
elsewhere on the web suggests that the error comes from rsync.

Can these errors be turned off?  Is there an rsync switch that could do it?
On one look through the rsync man page I didn't immediately see anything.

Thanks,
Andrew.