BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Uncompressed pool & compressed pool size with compresslevel 3

2010-09-06 02:51:42
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Uncompressed pool & compressed pool size with compresslevel 3
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 07:49:31 +0100
Michael,

Did you change the CPU architecture on that one host? If so, did you keep a
copy of pool.rrd before BackupPC ran the next nightly job?

I haven't tested this theory, but I fear that if you let rrdtool on amd64
update an rrd file from i386, the resulting file had bad data. I don't know if
it will graph. In every situation in which I've had this problem, I fixed the
rrd files before the next rrd update.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"The paradox of dictating democracy, of enforcing freedom, of extorting
emancipation."